Nuru lights are LED powered lights that provide up to 20 hours of bright, clean light.
- Affordable for Bottom of Pyramid communities
- Easy to use
- 3 light output settings (low, med, high)
- Used in multiple ways: mounted on the head as a headlamp, worn around the neck,
hung from ceiling with included hook, mounted in a bottle, placed on a flat surface
- Adjustable head-strap
- Is recharged in just 20 minutes
- Low-impact rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Recyclable plastics
- One year warranty
The Nuru PowerCycle uses human pedal power to recharge Nuru lights and mobile phones.
This can be done at any time of the day or night.
- Human-powered (by feet or hand)
- 20 minutes of pedaling at 60 RPM charges 5 Nuru lights
- Simple construction
- Easy maintenance
- Durable (high impact plastic casing)
- Uses locally available bicycle components
- Mounting frame made using locally available timber
- High efficiency (very little power is lost in the conversion of human energy into electricity)